Chief Financial Officer / Corporate Compliance Officer
The non-profit organization, AREA AGENCY ON AGING 1-B in Southfield, MI, makes the commitment to positively impact the health and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities, and caregivers. The goal of our staff is to lead efforts within the six counties that we serve to achieve their highest quality of life through teamwork, integrity and respect.
Working with the Board of Directors, CEO and management leadership, this position is responsible for the overall financial management of the Agency including: financial reporting, annual budgeting, financial analysis, policies and procedures, internal controls, investments, and general oversight of operational and business development strategies that ensure the fiscal integrity of this $50 million organization. CFO will also serve as Treasurer and staff liaison to the Board’s Finance Committee.
The CFO will oversee the agency’s corporate compliance program ensuring that the Board and staff are in compliance with rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, policies and procedures, and meeting the organizations standards of conduct. In addition, the CFO will oversee the Director of IT & Operations to ensure the safeguarding of the information technology function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in financial management and strategic, hands-on leadership.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in the areas of finance, compliance and technology required.
- Non-profit experience with multi-million dollar budgets preferred, including knowledge of the application and production of accounting systems; and establishing policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Knowledge of Statement of Grant Awards, Office of Management, Budget Circular A133 Single Audit Standard, and GAAP.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and team player with ability to successfully interact with various audiences including the staff, management team, Board of Directors and Finance Committee.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills required for success of this position.
- Friendly, Caring Culture – with 200 professionals committed to the Agency’s Mission.
- Excellent Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, STD and LTD plan options available.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Sick Time and Paid Holidays.
- 37.5 Full-time Position.Free Parking provided.
- 401(k) Plan.
- Wellness Program.
IF INTERESTED: Apply online at Area Agency on Aging 1-B Career Portal. Resume and cover letter with salary expectations are appreciated; please combine cover letter / resume and attach as one document. First contact will be made only to those candidates selected for an initial interview. Thank you for your interest in the Agency!
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.